Created in 1855 by the separation of Collex-Bossy for religious reasons, Bellevue is part of one of the eleven Geneva municipalities with access to the lake. With 3,457 inhabitants (end of 2020), called Bellevistes, the municipal territory covers 438 hectares and 198.7 hectares of the lake. Its vocation is essentially residential, with a good mix of individual and collective housing. Two key points distinguish life in Bellevue, namely its village spirit as well as its three privileged accesses to the lake: Port Saladin, the Gitana esplanade, and the Vengeron beach, shared with the municipality of Pregny-Chambésy. The Vigne Blanche sports center invites Bellevistes to practice outdoor sports activities. The Bellavista countryside also offers beautiful walks through the Bois d'Avault, as well as near the Nant-des-Limites, Gobé, Marquet, and Vengeron rivers. The Bellavista shore lives according to the seasons, with a resurgence of activities during the summer period. The Gitana Esplanade offers a place of relaxation and recreation with a magnificent gravel beach thanks to its advantageous redevelopment.
Located between the near city center, the lake, and the border with France, Bellevue is crossed by two major roads: the Lausanne road and the A1 motorway. The Léman Express and Geneva public transport services serve the town, and Geneva international airport is nearby. This geographical location makes Bellevue a real strategic crossroads, which notably hosts internationally renowned institutions, such as Richemont, Webster University, and soon the private bank Lombard Odier & Cie SA. Because it is called Bellevue, the municipal authorities will take care to preserve the natural heritage to which it is heir while pursuing harmonious development.