The DIY path allows you to browse thousands of accredited European programs taught in English. You won't have to bounce around hundreds of institutional websites in foreign languages, nor will you need to depend on free listing services that promote sponsored listings that may not be accredited at all. With Beyond the States, you'll find all the accredited English-taught programs in one place.
Beyond access to the only database of 11,400 English-taught programs in Europe, you'll get access to online courses to help you master the program selection & college admissions process. You'll learn how to discover your ideal area of study, which countries work for your needs, how to consider tuition, and many other topics that help you reveal your ideal matches, instantly.
While friends, social media, or online portals can be helpful, their information can be limited or biased. Our self-paced courses provide a deep dive into topics with action steps to complete along the way, guiding you through the often confusing European college landscape so you can avoid frustration and disappointment.
You'll get access to 5 self-paced courses:
- Choosing a University – This 4-part course helps you determine your own criteria for choosing a program and school. We cover quantifiable criteria around budget, admissions requirements, and fields of study. We also discuss what to look for (and red flags) in schools, programs, locations, and student life.
- Admissions in Europe – This popular 4-part course helps you understand Europe’s entirely different admissions process. We go through the differing admissions requirements of different countries, address potential obstacles, headaches, and solutions, and walk through the motivation letter and CV.
- How to Choose a Major – This 3-part course is helpful even if you’re pretty clear about what you want to study. Through lessons and exercises, you’ll learn how your unique interests translate into the different study areas in Europe, and which programs you’re most aligned with.
- All About the Netherlands – This is a popular 7-lesson course due to the notable number and range of English-taught college degree options in the Netherlands. Covers basic and specific information about the Dutch universities, academic life, student life, housing, admissions, and financial considerations.
- Business Programs – 4 lessons cover the similarities and differences of business programs at research universities, universities of applied science, and business schools. Learn about accreditation, admissions, and specific programs with unique offerings.
These are self-paced video courses with full transcriptions available.
Private Facebook Group
After purchasing the product, you'll receive an email with a link to the Facebook group. Simply request to join the group and you'll be prompted to enter the email you used to sign up. Alternatively, you can also sign up for the group in the My Account section on our website - from there, click Community. Your request will be promptly approved and you'll now be a part of the Facebook community. Help is plentiful, with parents and students from all over the country providing instant feedback on your most pressing questions.