Animal Science – Equine allows those with a passion for horses, the equine industry or equine science to pursue these interests at third level and still maintain a broad range of future career options within agriculture. A highlight of the degree is the opportunity to participate in a 5-month international work placement within a leading Thoroughbred or Sport Horse organisation. The degree provides the scientific knowledge and transferable skills necessary for professional leadership roles within many aspects of the Agriculture and Equine industries. Your programme will cover:
- The growth and development of farm animals, how they function, their behaviour, welfare and nutrition.
- Current and future technologies to make agriculture more sustainable but still meet the needs of a growing global population.
- The equine industry in Ireland, its global context and entrepreneurial opportunities
- Focused modules on equine health, reproduction, genetics, breeding, nutrition and exercise physiology delivered by academics who are leading world experts in their fields.
- Exciting technological advances and future research directions within equine science.
EU Fee status and the Free Fees Initiative: Under the terms of the Free Fees Initiative, the Irish Exchequer will pay tuition fees to the University on behalf of students registered for the first time on qualifying, full-time, undergraduate degree programmes. Such programmes must be of a minimum duration of 2 years.
The Student Contribution Charge for undergraduate students who qualify for ‘free fees’ is €3,000.
EU closing date for normal applications: February 1
EU closing date for late applications: May 1
- Full Time
High School Diploma without standardized exams 3.75 / 4.0 GPA or with standardized exams 3.33 / 4.0 GPA and 1000 SAT or 20 ACT.
Additional Requirements: Math: A in senior year HS math class with 4 years of math taken or 530 in maths section of SAT or 21 in maths ACT or D in college/university math class; Lab Science: B- in senior year HS lab science course or AP Science 2 or D in college/university lab science class.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- 4 years
- Full Time
- On Campus Learning