The BA in Education, Home Economics and Business Studies programme (post-primary) is a four-year, full-time, undergraduate concurrent teacher education degree (Level 8), currently offered at MIC Thurles. Graduates are, subject to Teaching Council approval, qualified to teach Home Economics and Business Studies to honours Leaving Certificate level.
Graduates of the programme will:
- Demonstrate subject knowledge, knowledge of curriculum content and process, and professional knowledge
- Engage in critical and analytical thinking, problem-solving, reflection and self-evaluation
- Engage in planning, teaching, learning, assessment, classroom management and organisation for the classroom and the school as a learning organisation
- Articulate a commitment to and vision for the development of the uniqueness of the pupil in all his/her dimensions
- Integrate and apply knowledge, skills, attitudes and values in complex and unpredictable educational settings
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skill and a readiness to be leaders and innovators of curriculum change
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong personal and professional development and actively participate in professional learning communities
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- Full Time
High school graduation diploma with a GPA of 3.0 (or B average/80% average if not scored on a GPA scale) or above which must include English, another language and mathematics. Either SAT or ACT scores of the following: SAT score of 1090 or ACT minimum score of 22.
Registration will be conditional upon successful completion of the Garda vetting process. In order to establish students' fitness to teach, all incoming teacher education students are required to complete a Student Fitness to Teach Form.
Non-EU Student Contribution Payable each academic year is €6,000.
Application deadline for EU students is February 1. EU Student Contribution Payable each academic year is €3,000.
The state will pay the tuition fees for EU students who are eligible under the Free Fees Scheme (www.studentfinance.ie). Students may be eligible for full or partial financial support towards the Student Contribution from Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI) if certain criteria are met (www.susi.ie).
- 4 years
- Full Time
- On Campus Learning