Help develop the next generation of world-changing technology – from mobile phone and entertainment systems, to medical devices and artificial intelligence. Electronic Engineering is both a technical and creative subject that combines theory and practice. You’ll learn to solve problems by designing, building and testing new electronic systems. You’ll gain all the knowledge and skills for a career as an incorporated electronic engineer.
Electronics is the study of the physical components, software and systems that bring electronic devices to life.
This 3-year course will help you develop the skills to solve real-world challenges, from sustainable energy production to cyber security. You’ll explore the components within electronic devices and how they work together, for example, to analyse data or display information on a screen.
Our outstanding facilities, huge range of optional modules and strong industry links make Southampton one of the best places in the UK to study Electronic Engineering.
As part of this course you can:
- use our research facilities, including a high-voltage laboratory and our £110m interdisciplinary clean room
- develop your enterprise skills with help from our startup supporter, Future Worlds
- build your own unique electronic systems
- learn from leading researchers in quantum technology, nanotechnology and photonics
- study engineering management and law to develop your career skills
This BEng Electronic Engineering degree is accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of:
- fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer
- partly meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer
Applicants who have completed the High School Diploma but do not have the relevant subject tests to apply to one of our Science or Engineering programmes may be eligible to apply to our Foundation programme.
UK students pay €10,850.
- Full Time
High School Diploma with three AP tests at scores of 555 OR Three SAT subject tests at scores of 700, 700, 700 or a combination of the two. GPA of 3.2 or better is required!
We can also consider excellent grades in Honors or College-level classes or ACT or SAT scores in lieu of AP or SAT subject tests on a case-by-case basis.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- 3 years
- Full Time
- On Campus Learning