The aim of the study program is to prepare highly qualified specialists who are able to compete in both the local and international labor market in various fields related to geoinformatics.
Tasks of the study program:
- To provide an opportunity to acquire basic courses in theoretical and practical geoinformatics, as well as in geography and computer science,
- To provide an opportunity to take in-depth courses in a relatively specialized direction of geography, geographical information systems or information technology,
- Develop skills related to critical thinking, analysis and reasoning
- To develop skills in designing geographic information infrastructure and publishing basic geospatial data,
- To develop skills to conduct independent research in the chosen sub-branch of natural sciences and to summarize the results in a bachelor’s thesis and to obtain a professional bachelor’s degree in geoinformatics.
There is a growing need for geoinformatics specialists who are able to quickly analyse geospatial information, link it with data collected from various industries. Geoinformation systems also have many different applications: agriculture, archaeology, environment and its protection, geology, health, land information systems, military, urban and rural development, transport, telecommunications, energy, water resources, natural and man-made disasters, oil and natural gas, banking and insurance, business geography, mobile mapping, etc .. GIS and remote sensing are a suitable tool for resource management, especially for water, land, soil, vegetation, etc. Graduates can work in different state institutions as well as in private sector.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- Full Time
General secondary school diploma/certificate with a grades in Mathematics no less than 6 in a 10 point grading system, Motivation letter, CV, Passport copy. As a part of the admission process applicants will be asked to participate in an online interview.
Study program is licenced, will be accredited within two years (according to national legislation).
- Full Time
- On Campus Learning