You will learn about the law and legal skills such as how to interview clients. You will take part in mock court cases (civil and criminal) and work on real-life legal problems.
Together with your fellow students, you will also get plenty of opportunity to network within the local legal sector. Past activities have included, for example, meeting with the judiciary, visits to prisons, tours of the police headquarters and work experience/training days with local firms of solicitors and barristers.
At the University of Cumbria we are committed to practical action-based learning as well as traditional learning activities.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL…
- Study at the #1 Law programme in the North West of England (Guardian, 2022)
- Examine the intricacies of the English legal system and compare it with other international legal systems
- Participate in professional and personal development activities including advocacy and confidence in public speaking training, mooting, mock court trials and client interviewing competitions
- Be supported in gaining work experience and making connections with local law firms and legal organisations
- Develop confidence in independent thinking, teamwork, research and writing
The programme has been designed to provide a course of legal education that is academically rigorous, professionally relevant, research-informed and innovative.
UK and EU Settled students tuition fee: €9,250
- Full Time
High school diploma with B in relevant subjects and average B (3.0) AND one of the qualifications below:
SAT 1 with 550+ in the maths, critical reading and writing. Sat scores range from 200-800
SAT if High School Diploma not passed with 600 points
ACT (American College Test) instead of SAT 1 with composite score value of 25
Advanced Placement Tests 2passes with grade 3 or above (in relevant subjects)
GED (General Education Development Programme) with min score of 410 in each of five tests (max score 800, min pass grade 200)
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- 3 years
- Full Time
- On Campus Learning