The programme develops the student’s written and spoken communication skills in English (C1) and German (B2-C1) essential for a successful career. The curriculum includes a variety of courses aimed to help students develop their language skills as well as advanced skills in the fields of linguistic research and intercultural communication.
Graduates of the English and Another Foreign Language (German) study programme will be able to:
- Analyse the systems of the English and German languages from various perspectives (e.g. phonetics, morphology and syntax)
- Communicate fluently at an advanced level in English (C1-C2) and German (B2-C1), and produce written and spoken texts in English and German for different situations
- Successfully apply English and German for Specific Purposes, as well Academic English and German knowledge and skills, while writing reports, reviews, research papers, etc.
- Be aware of the (socio)cultural backgrounds of both English-speaking and German-speaking countries
- Demonstrate skills in the fields of text analysis, translation and intercultural communication
- Carry out linguistic research.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- Full Time
High School Diploma or its equivalent and SAT, ACT, or AP examination results or documents attesting post-secondary education of at least one year at a higher education institution.
For applicants who are citizens of EU/EFTA countries, as well as for non-EU/EFTA applicants to whom 90-day visa-free period applies and has not yet been exceeded, application deadline is July 1.
German proficiency is not required.
- 4 years
- Full Time
- On Campus Learning