This programme offers students the solid written and spoken communication skills required for workplace success in English (C1–C2), as well as the fundamentals of English linguistics, literature and the culture of English-speaking countries.
Our students acquire a range of soft skills by cultivating their analytical and critical thinking, problem-solving and rhetorical abilities, while also gaining a knowledge of culture and history, which will allow them to understand the complex modern world of today.
Graduates of the English Philology programme are able to:
- Analyse, synthesise, summarise and discuss the main principles underlying the structure and use of language
- Show an awareness of the different frameworks of literary and cultural theory and apply them in the analysis of a literary text
- Interpret the historical and cultural background of English-speaking countries
- Communicate in English at an advanced level (C1–C2), as well as use ESP (English for Specific Purposes) and EAP (Academic English) skills (writing reports, reviews, research papers and other genres), and apply their skills in translations
- Carry out linguistic/ literary research.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- Full Time
High School Diploma or its equivalent and SAT, ACT, or AP examination results or documents attesting post-secondary education of at least one year at a higher education institution.
For applicants who are citizens of EU/EFTA countries, as well as for non-EU/EFTA applicants to whom 90-day visa-free period applies and has not yet been exceeded, application deadline is July 1.
- 4 years
- Full Time
- On Campus Learning