What is the Physio-kinesiotherapy?
– an independent and autonomous professionals with the knowledge, skills and competences, prepared to have a key role in health systems taking their own decisions.
– Physio-kinesiotherapy provides services to individuals and populations in circumstances where movement and function are, or may be, threatened by ageing, injury, pain, diseases, disorders, conditions or environmental factors.
– Physio-kinesiotherapy promotes the active participation in society through the development, maintenance and restoration of health, movement capacity, physical activity and functional ability throughout the lifespan.
What the physio-kinesiotherapist do?
– diagnoses the functional problems;
– provides treatment, assisting the person to restore movement and/or avoid injuring themselves further;
– seeks input from other health professionals if required;
– helps the person to achieve the best possible recovery, activity and quality of life.
Where the physio-kinesiotherapist works?
– Health centres;
– Rehabilitation centres;
– Private practice;
– Occupational health and safety roles at workplaces.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
1. Physical therapy techniques, and kinesiological, prophilactic and motor rehabilitation assistance;
2. Electrotherapy, hydrotherapy, thermotherapy and massage techniques;
3. The evaluation of the patients’ anatomical and functional status and the communication of the significant data to the specialised physician;
4. Devising and establishing the stages of the individual treatment plans based on static and dynamic physical exercises, chosen in acordance with the clinical diagnosis;
5. Application of physical therapy and medical rehabilitaion programs in order to restore diminished functions, to increase functional levels and to develop compensatory mechanisms;
6. Use of verbal and nonverbal communication in his/her relation with the patient or with the other members of the rehabilitation team;
7. Importance and observance of medical ethics and deontology.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- Full Time
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Second application deadline is July 15. If all study places are filled during early admission, the second admission round will be cancelled.
- 3 years
- Full Time
- On Campus Learning